HCIT Program for Hospitals in Africa
The fabric that ensures realization of the three (3) Universal Health Coverage (UHC) pillars; Access, Quality and Affordability.
THE HEALTHCARE IT PROJECT BACKGROUND
It has been globally accepted that Improved Health care delivery, is anchored on patient centricity and quality healthcare data being used systematically to improve healthcare outcome.
Most governments have placed great emphasis on eliminating catastrophic risks associated with care related financial burdens by up scaling government led hospital insurance schemes. The use of Information technology is aimed at revolutionizing and improving Healthcare Delivery Systems.
Information Technology is the fabric that ensures realization of the three (3) Universal Health Coverage (UHC) pillars; Access, Quality and Affordability as defined in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG -2030) Agenda 3 goals. Health Information Systems Interoperability and Secure Healthcare Data Exchange is critical to facilitating care and referral mechanisms across multiple facilities. Delivering Universal Health Coverage is top of most Government’s Agenda and all efforts globally are geared towards ensuring that their citizens have access to quality and affordable healthcare.
PROJECT GOALS, ENVISIONED IMPACT AND BENEFITS
- Strengthen Health Data Ownership by Government/State/County
- Empowering physicians in the most remote areas with the best Ghanaian medical expertise using health care IT platforms
- Connecting medical experts online across Ghana to provide diagnostic services nationally
- Enabling the National and the Regional facilities to have full visibility on the Ghanaian Healthcare Informatics
- Enabling a view into the history of the patient’s medical records (EMR) regardless of the location
Envisioned Impact and Benefits
- Defragment Siloed Healthcare Systems and Health Data Repositories
- Strengthen Evidence based decision making, enhancing the quality of care nationally
- Enable Ghanaians in remote and far flung areas easily access specialized medical expertise
- Support equitable access to healthcare for all Ghanaians
- Provide quicker diagnosis and a more timely treatment
- Improve efficiency and cost effectiveness in delivering healthcare services through reduction of wastage
- Optimize use of all medical resources through understanding patterns and distributions of diseases
- Support revenue protection and growth through accurate tracking and timely reporting of all government and or citizen funded medical services